Aseman Airline signs contract to buy 30 Boeing 737 planes

Home »  News »  Aseman Airline signs contract to buy 30 Boeing 737 planes

Managing Director of Aseman Airline Company Hossein A’laei and Boeing Sales representative in the Middle East and Russia James Larson signed contract to buy 30 new Boeing 737 on Saturday.

Minister of Cooperative, Labor and Social Welfare Ali Rabiei and Head of Civil Aviation Organization Ali Abedzadeh attended the signing ceremony.

Hossein A’laei said after one year of negotiations with Boeing, the purchasing contract was signed today.

He said that a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed between Aseman Airline and Boeing Company on March 19, 2017.

According to the MoU, Aseman is to receive 30 Boeing 737 in the first phase and then purchasing 30 more planes will be in the agenda to equip this company with new generation of passenger planes.

According to the signed contract, Aseman Company is to pay 3 billion dollars to Boeing for purchase of 60 planes.

Aseman is to pay 5 percent of the amount and the rest of 95 percent will be financed by Boeing.

The first delivery is due to take place in 2022 and during 2 years Boeing is to deliver all 30 planes to the Aseman Company.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *